Sewing the Kyoto Kimono
Starting from next week, I’ll be posting a few tutorials on sewing the kyoto kimono. So, if you haven’t grabbed the pattern, here’s your chance now! I’ve also uploaded a new version of the pattern that you can get printed at the printer’s if you’d prefer to do that instead of printing it at home!
I’ll be posting about:
- Making up both the short and long versions of the Kyoto kimono
- How to sew beautiful French Seams
- Sewing the Collar and Sleeve Bands to the kimono
- Making up the belt and belt loops
- And I’ll be showing you how you can use lace to make your kimono ultra glamorous….
Here are a few shots of the short kimono in action with some skinny jeans and heels… My current favourite combination 🙂
And if you want to help out with pattern testing, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a new pattern on its way!